New research from Heidrick & Struggles identifies 23 large companies that outperform competitors by rapidly mobilizing, executing and transforming with agility
LONDON and CHICAGO, June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Heidrick & Struggles [http://www.heidrick.com/] , a premier provider of executive search, leadership consulting and culture shaping worldwide, today released new research detailing how some of the world's largest companies outperform their competitors by moving with the speed and agility of much smaller organizations.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160531/374001 [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160531/374001] Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140822/139029 [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140822/139029]
The firm's new report, Accelerating performance: How to mobilize, execute, and transform with agility [http://bit.ly/1sJmKa3], identifies 23 "superaccelerator" companies and the behaviors that enable them to move quickly and decisively, speeding past competitors.
"Sustained organizational success in an uncertain, fast-changing world requires acceleration," says Colin Price, Executive Vice President and Global Managing Partner, Leadership Consulting. "We define 'acceleration' as reducing time to value through the ability to pivot sharply and to rapidly build market momentum."
For the complete report, see http://bit.ly/1sJmKa3 [http://bit.ly/1sJmKa3]
"The majority of competitive differentiation occurs based on companies' ability to make sense of changes in their environment and to act in a timely manner," Price says. "Actions that must be accomplished with speed and agility include exploiting new sources of growth as well as sustaining the source of today's competitive advantage--in other words playing both offense and defense."
Notably, the superaccelerators are not all Silicon Valley technology companies--they come from a variety of industries and geographies. "Twenty years ago, we would have found that industry and geography mattered more than they do now to a company's prospects for outsized success," Price says. "There were wide variations in the attractiveness of industries, but as capital has become ever more global, liquid and informed, we see that creative ideas and nimble execution can succeed in a wide range of markets."
The 23 Superaccelerators (ranked by 2015 revenue)
1. Apple United States Technology
2. Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China China Financial Services
3. Alphabet United States Technology
4. Comcast United States Communications
5. SoftBank Group Japan Communications
6. Cigna United States Healthcare/Life Sciences
7. Gilead Sciences United States Healthcare/Life Sciences
8. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Taiwan Technology
9. Danaher United States Healthcare/Life Sciences
10. Starbucks United States Consumer Goods
11. Tencent Holdings China Technology
12. Tata Consultancy Services India Technology
13. Visa United States Financial Services
14. Cognizant Technology Solutions United States Technology
15. BlackRock United States Financial Services
16. Biogen United States Healthcare/Life Sciences
17. MasterCard United States Financial Services
18. The Priceline Group United States Communications
19. Shire United Kingdom Healthcare/Life Sciences
20. HDFC Bank India Financial Services
21. Cerner United States Technology
22. Intercontinental Exchange United States Financial Services
23. Illumina United States Healthcare/Life Sciences
Analysis of these and other successful companies led the Heidrick & Struggles Leadership Consulting team to develop a framework that an organization can follow to accelerate its own performance.
"Following this framework will increase the metabolic rate of an organization so that it is fitter, more effective and can respond faster to changing external factors, no matter what industry or geography it competes in," Price says.
About Heidrick & Struggles:
Heidrick & Struggles serves the executive talent and leadership needs of the world's top organizations as a premier provider of leadership consulting, culture shaping and senior-level executive search services. Heidrick & Struggles pioneered the profession of executive search more than 60 years ago. Today, the firm serves as a trusted advisor, providing integrated leadership solutions and helping its clients change the world, one leadership team at a time. www.heidrick.com [http://www.heidrick.com/].
H&S Media Contact:Lia Randazzo +1 email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Heidrick & Struggles
Web site: http://www.heidrick.com/