TORONTO, December 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The Global Network of Director Institutes (GNDI) has expanded its membership network with the addition of director institutes from Germany, Russia and Pakistan joining its ranks.
Vereinigung der Aufsichtsräte in Deutschland e.V. (VARD) in Germany, Independent Directors Association (IDA) in Russia and Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG) join 15 other leading director associations from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, the Gulf States, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mauritius, New Zealand, Singapore, Southern Africa, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, and the United States.
"The expansion of GNDI's membership supports the organisation's mandate to bring forward the latest trends and issues in corporate governance and share knowledge and best practices on matters that affect directors globally," said Stan Magidson, Chair of GNDI and President and CEO of the Institute of Corporate Directors in Canada.
As a collective of leading governance associations around the world, GNDI plays an important role in providing leadership on governance issues for directors of all organisations to achieve a positive impact for companies, the economy and society.
The addition of three new member organisations further asserts the organisation's position as the pre-eminent international body advocating good governance on behalf of directors all over the world.
GNDI was established in December 2012 to foster closer cooperation between its members, who are each recognized as the primary institute for directors and governance in their respective country.
The following organizations are members of GNDI:
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Brazilian Institute of Corporate Governance (IBGC)
- GCC Board Directors Institute (BDI)
- European Confederation of Directors Associations (ecoDa)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Directors (HKIoD)
- Independent Directors Association (IDA), Russia
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD), Canada
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand (IoDNZ)
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
- Institute of Directors (IoD), United Kingdom
- Malaysian Alliance of Corporate Directors (MACD)
- Mauritius Institute of Directors (MIoD)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), United States
- Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance (PICG)
- Singapore Institute of Directors (SID)
- Swiss Institute of Directors (SIoD)
- Thai Institute of Directors (TIoD)
- Vereinigung der Aufsichtsräte in Deutschland e.V. (VARD), Germany
Maliha Aqeel, director of communications, Institute of Corporate Directors, +1-416-593-7741 ext. 229 or +1-416-829-9808, firstname.lastname@example.org ; http://www.gndi.org
Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)