VANCOUVER, Canada, September 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- A new robotic vial filling machine for clinical trials and product development of
biopharmaceuticals, cell therapies and personalized medicines.
- Microcell makes it cost-effective and easy to add small-scale vial filling capacity.
Vanrx Pharmasystems is introducing the Microcell Vial Filler, a new gloveless robotic isolator for aseptic filling. The Microcell is focused on clinical trial production and development of sterile injectable biopharmaceuticals, cell therapies and personalized medicines.
The Microcell provides a cost effective and simple path for companies to add small-scale vial filling capacity. A Microcell comes fully integrated from a single supplier, and requires minimal space, utilities and less aseptic process knowledge versus competing options.
"The Microcell addresses significant gaps in the small-scale production of cutting-edge therapies. No matter your position in the drug development chain, the Microcell can accelerate drug products through the clinic and increase their commercial viability. You won't find an easier or more cost-effective way of creating vial filling capacity, or to scale out commercial manufacturing for autologous cell therapies and personalized medicines," says Chris Procyshyn, Vanrx's chief executive officer.
For innovators, the Microcell changes the economics of vial filling for clinical trials and product development. Development candidates can come to market faster by bringing these activities in-house. Processes can be developed earlier in a product's life, shortening later technology and method transfer times.
Contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs / CDMOs) can boost their clients' speed to market without dedicating high-speed filling capacity to small batches. Asset utilization of a Microcell can be consistently high, without the aseptic assurance issues of manual or other small-scale filling processes.
Key features of the Microcell Vial Filler include:
- Superior aseptic assurance: robotic filling in gloveless isolator using single-use
- Agile: Filling up to 1,200 vials of a single product or multiple batches of
personalized products in a single shift
- Simple: Tool-less changeover and decontamination in 15 minutes or less
- Flexible: Range of dosage volumes and vial sizes from 2R-50R
- Compact: Fits in a small space
- Ready-to-use: Uses ready-to-use fill path, pre-sterilized nested vials and press-fit
The Microcell replaces manual filling and small-volume filling machines in biosafety cabinets, RABS or isolators. These options can be expensive and difficult and time-consuming to integrate.
Combining the higher capacity Vanrx SA25 Aseptic Filling Workcell [https://vanrx.com/products/sa25-aseptic-filling-workcell ] with the Microcell creates a scalable production platform from early clinical trials through commercial production.
For more information, please visit the Vanrx web site:
- Vanrx Microcell Vial Filler Details and Specifications
- Vanrx Microcell for Biopharma applications
- Microcell for Cell Therapies and Personalized Medicine applications
Companies can discuss the Microcell with Vanrx at upcoming pharmaceutical industry events:
- Healthcare Packaging Expo | Las Vegas, NV | September 25-27, 2017 | Stand N-433
- BioProcess International | Boston, MA | September 25-28, 2017 | Stand 710
- ISPE Product Show | Boston, MA | October 4, 2017 | Table E123
- CPhI / P-MEC | Frankfurt, Germany | October 24-26, 2017 | Stand 4.0G64
- ISPE Annual Meeting | San Diego, CA | October 29 - November 1, 2017 | Stand 1414
About Vanrx Pharmasystems Vanrx Pharmasystems makes the most technologically advanced sterile filling solutions for the pharmaceutical industry. Vanrx fill-finish machines use isolated robotics and machine vision to automate the packaging of injectable drugs into nested vials, syringes, or cartridges. The company was founded by pharmaceutical industry veterans to create the systems needed to make the next generation of innovative therapies. For more information, visit http://www.vanrx.com [https://vanrx.com ] .
To request information, please contact:
Senior Marketing Manager
Phone: +1-604-453-8660 ext. 773